DIAMOND-SESAME FELLOWSHIP (2018-2019)
(Applications deadline is 23 September 2018)
We are pleased to inform you that SESAME, together with the Diamond Light Source in the United Kingdom, is launching the second round of a training fellowship programme funded by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) through the Rutherford Fund. The Diamond-SESAME training programme started in March 2018 and will continue until the end of March 2019. Small numbers of fellowships are open to scientists or engineers from the SESAME Members (Cyprus, Egypt, Iran, Israel, Jordan, Pakistan, Palestine and Turkey). Fellows will receive a certified training programme that will kick off from Diamond Light Source in the UK and continue at SESAME in Jordan until the end of March 2019.
The training will be in either of the following areas:
- Engineering for photons science
- Particle accelerator physics and technology
- Photon Instrument Science
- Control, Software and Computing for Photon Science
- Engineering for Photon Science or Particle Accelerators
The fellowship training programme aims to:
- Build the capacity of individuals working in scientific and technical areas that are specific to synchrotron light sources,
- Transfer to SESAME knowledge from an established synchrotron light
- Provide staff, scientists and engineers in the SESAME Members with easy access to an established synchrotron light source.
Diamond-SESAME Fellowship Application Form can be download from this link.
Interested candidates are requested to send their application forms to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org